Sweet!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get your guide stickied!

Go down

How to get your guide stickied! Empty How to get your guide stickied!

Post  Beast Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 am

This guide was made for Sweet scape... and it took me a time to make this...

its not done... hopefully it will be done: give me sticky also if you can Razz.

Steps:

1.Difficulties

2.Small tips

3.Short and long differences

4.Videos and pictures

5.Comments

6.Colours/fonts/sizes

7.Organization and grammar

1. Difficulties:

have shown up how hard it is and where to start and how long it is like this:

Duration: Long

Difficulties: Easy

Start place: varrock

2. Small tips:

when you consider making a guide think of what you should have... example a woodcutting guide can be short show pictures and mark the ways to tree's and how much exp you gain for every log.

But its different with combat there you should explain what you should wear what levels you should have recommened prayer.

3. Short and long differences:

Long guides: always be ware of making steps so people that have already done one of those steps can just jump over instead of taking time to find what you are doing,also long guides should always have pictures/videos to explain, combat videos are normally long.

Short guides: skilling guides is a normal short guide you can include steps in short guides but just don't make it too complicated when you make a short guide. kind of saying: go to tunnel and pick up spider eggs then make pots. sounded like normal right? but naa where is the tunnel at? what other ingredients you need for the potion?

4. Videos and pictures:

Videos: when you make a video dont spend 3 minutes just saying "welcome to my skilling guide" have it short and explain easy...if its long parts speed it up a little, you should have a video at combat guides.

Pictures: you can make around 4 pictures each thread i know that sucks but just how it is make maybe a reserve... but this also includes don't post too many pictures like if its a long guide post 2-3 pictures that explain alot instead of posting all 4... like go to paint and mark the places.

5. Comments:

always listen to the comments you get they might be usefull, and also when someone posts a comment about not understanding post back with a good explanation... and not like "wtf didn't you understand what i said!?"

6. Colours/fonts/sizes:

colours: sometimes when you make a guide you use colours be aware of what colours.... yellow is very sharp so sometimes its hard to read it, green is sharp too, but red,green,blue. is possible sometimes, beware of the backround also before using a colour.

Fonts: its cool to have some fonts that fits in with the guide, but to be honest leave the fonts there practically no use. if you want a font use arial/times new roman, but its really no use to have a font.

Sizes: don't make posts like that has size 6, will be taken as spamm almost when you start your guide the top text can be round size 2-4 if you want steps have it 2-3, and when you come to the steps have 2.
this way you get organized more...

7. Organization and grammar:

Organization: have your guides organized like good spaces, easy walk through, not hard to read, easy to follow up.

Grammar: i'm not the best in grammar but check your grammar spelling prevent having: yo peps this ma guide furst yu walktrugh this steps. not so easy to understand always.... use google if its some words your not sure about.

greetings ~Dia... not done yet but will be updating it more and more..

Beast
Poster

Back to top Go down